Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Three Amigos


Two friends and I are having a show and sale of our paintings in this lovely (yes, lovely describes it) old barn which belongs to Susan Harlan, one of the friends. Neither Gale Haddock (the other amigo) nor I have ever done anything quite like this before.
It's both exciting and intimidating, sort of like throwing a party and inviting way more guests than you've ever invited before.

The event happens this Saturday, Sept. 18, from 10 in the morning til 7 in the evening. The address is 1312 Lewisburg Pike, Franklin, Tennessee. It's off Exit 61 on I-65 south of Nashville and is easy to find if googled.

To borrow the phrase everyone seems to use in blog invitations, "if you're in the neighborhood," please come. It promises to be a good time.

Paintings above by: left, Gale Haddock; center Susan Harlan; right, me.

9 comments:

  1. How exciting! Good luck with the show, have fun, please take lots of pictures and share them here! I would love to see your work on the wall ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this becomes an annual event. Challenges, first times are motivating! Good luck to all 3 of you amigas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, my friends.
    Ivy, I never thought of photos. How addled is that!
    Pam, let me survive this one and I'm sure I'll be up for the next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and I hope it really goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the good wishes.
    Hope you loved the Carol Marine workshop. I bet it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting! I agree with Ivy, would love to see the paintings on the walls. It looks like really lovely work, all 3 of you. Unfortunately, I'm not in the neighborhood, or I would love to come and celebrate with you. Congratulations from a blog & workshop buddy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Tonya. Wish you could drop by as well. It would be great to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited for your art show, Shirley! Planning to be there around 4:30/5pm. See you then!
    Mandi Wyler

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to seeing you Mandi. There should be some live music going on around that time in the barn.

    ReplyDelete

Is it too early to send an invitation?

Pieces by (clockwise from left to right) : Susan Harlan, Janet Garner, Shirley Fachilla, Mike Martino and Topper Williams. So many ...