Monday, October 11, 2010

A Last Minute Invitation...


I mentioned in the previous post that my painting Lonesome Dove was to be auctioned at the Blue Moon gala here in Nashville. Actually, I also had several other paintings for sale at Blue Moon which is usually a one-night shindig benefiting the Tennessee Land Trust.
This year, the Trust has extended the show and invited the "neighbors," meaning anyone who wants to come. If you like traditional landscapes (we started with 350 pieces) and/or antebellum plantation houses (antebellum Glen Leven is the setting for the show), you'll have a good time. It will be from 3 to 7 p.m. Sunday, October 17, at the Glen Leven Estate, 4000 Franklin Road, Nashville, Tennessee. This is about 15 minutes tops from downtown Nashville taking I-65 and exiting on Harding Road. 
Unlike most sales, painting sales often save the best for last. The most beautiful, the painting that touches you heart, can be found at the very last minute of the very last day. Come to Glen Leven and see what I mean.
Springtime at the Century Farm is a 14x11 oil now at Glen Leven. {The painters of the 350 landscapes are members of the Chestnuts, plein air painters for the land. More about them later.}

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful soft painting! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh this is beautful! There is something so soft yet strong in your work and I just love it. I love that little warm streak of wood above the milkcan. Do you see the world in pastels?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Denise and Christine.
    Pastel vision, what a concept! I love it. I decided to paint this because of that little streak of orange.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very sweet and full of memories painting. Lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Ruth. It's of a century farm so it's a place that's definitely chock full of memories.

    ReplyDelete

Feeling Important...

Queen Anne's Lace (detail) That’s how I’m feeling because NOAPS (National Oil and Acrylic Painters Society) interviewed me...