Sunday, March 27, 2011

They're Going to the Randy Higbee 6 Squared Show!


Where the Grass is Greener 6x6 oil by Shirley Fachilla

I am quite happy to say that these two are on their way to the Randy Higbee Gallery in Costa Mesa, California. They are going to a show composed entirely of 6x6 paintings, and they’re going to be in the company of a lot of other small, square paintings by artists that I very much admire.

Who knows maybe the grass really is greener in California, and they’ll have a really, really good time.

The artists’ reception is April 16 at the Randy Higbee Gallery, 102 Kalmus Drive, Costa Mesa, California. The show runs through May 6.

12 comments:

  1. I love this little painting. Great composition and color. You know your goats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful composition. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Shirley...maybe you should come out to see this little beauty on the gallery wall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the Higbee show Shirley! And I chose this as my favorite painting on my blog today! Come check it out... rosaspicks.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Douglas, they live about a block away. And every one of them has its own quite distinct personality.
    Thanks, Suzanne. 6x6 is an interesting size and shape for composing!
    Thanks, Dana. It would be great fun to see all of the little 6x6's together.
    Rosa, you've made me even happier than I was!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shirley - great design - and I love the loose, expressive way you painted the goats. Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful painting, as always. Your work is more than worthy of any gallery. Very exciting! You should go see them in California for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous painting. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Connie, Michelle and Karen. Validation from you all is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the kind words on my blog Shirley! And big congrats for this piece going to the 6"Squared Show!! Wouldn't it be grand to see this show in person??

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this painting...great comp and love the colors! You've really captured the light...very nice!
    And thank you so much for the visit to my blog

    ReplyDelete

Strolling from Paris to the Salmagundi!

A Stroll Beside the Louvre by Shirley Fachilla This little trio should be arriving at The Salmagundi Club in NYC any day now. It’s ...