Friday, June 3, 2011

Where the Wild Things Are


Backyard Neighbor is a 7x5 oil by Shirley Fachilla.
 
Our very small backyard adjoins a small patch of woods. Though it’s small, there are wild things who live there or at least, pass through. Possums, raccoons, pileated woodpeckers, owls, hawks, bluebirds, foxes and once a coyote have strolled or flown out of the woods and into our back yard. We consider them our backyard neighbors. This one lingered long enough for a photo op.

I painted my deer as a part of the DPW weekly challenge. (For a definition of challenge, click here.) This week, the challenge was to paint what’s outside your window. We have lots of windows and I often paint what I see through them. It was fun to do it yet again.

3 comments:

  1. I love how you captured the deer in this painting. It looks so serene. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Michelle. I can't wait to see your finished foyer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors you used..beautiful and soft.

    ReplyDelete

Is it too early to send an invitation?

Pieces by (clockwise from left to right) : Susan Harlan, Janet Garner, Shirley Fachilla, Mike Martino and Topper Williams. So many ...