Monday, November 21, 2011

Feeling So-o-o Square

Consider the Lilies is a 6x6 oil by Shirley Fachilla.

Small Boat on the Tyrrhenian Sea is a 6x6 oil by Shirley Fachilla.

I’m very happy to report that these two paintings were selected to be in Randy Higbee’s juried 6” Squared Show in Costa Mesa, California.
Why does that make me feel less than cool, you ask? Because to be in the show, the painting had to be square, a small square, 6x6 inches. I think there will be something like 400 6x6’s on his gallery walls.
The rules were that submissions had to be that exact size and representational, no abstracts allowed. But they could be any medium, oil, pastel, acrylic, graphite.
The reception is December 3 and begins at 5; the location is Randy Higbee Gallery, 102 Kalmus Drive, Costa Mesa, California. The show’s up until December 22. This Tennessean can’t be there; but if you’re in the vicinity, I hope you drop by. There should be some tiny gems to see.

I think my next post will be the 6x6 painting that I thought stood the best chance to be picked

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Shirley! It sounds like a fun show - wish I was close enough to stop by to see it. I like the small square format and you used the space well. Square or not - these are very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the show...it does sound like fun. Your work is lovely and now that I have found your blog I hope to see more!

    ReplyDelete

Strolling from Paris to the Salmagundi!

A Stroll Beside the Louvre by Shirley Fachilla This little trio should be arriving at The Salmagundi Club in NYC any day now. It’s ...