Monday, January 23, 2012

Going to Richeson 75!


Under an October Sky is a plein air 8x10 oil by Shirley Fachilla.

I've posted this painting before, but I did want to share with you that it was accepted as a finalist in the Richeson 75 International Small Works show.
I’m very grateful to my friend, Jean McGuire who told me she especially liked it because her comment inspired me to submit it! 
It’s of a very typical Tennessee scene, a field of soybeans. In my state, soybeans are one of our cash crops, along with tobacco and corn; and the plant is pretty ubiquitous. But though it’s common and unassuming, combined with our lovely rolling hills, it can put on a show.
I love it when the ordinary turns beautiful, and we artists have the pleasure of painting it!

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you and wishing you great and continued success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toutes mes félicitations ma chère et elles sont bien méritées.
    J'ai un grand plaisir à admirer à nouveau cette belle oeuvre.
    J'ai beaucoup aimer lire votre toute dernière phrase...
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Shirley and congrats on being in the Richeson 75 show! So cool! I like it too because it reminds me of our beautiful state!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! a really nice one to send.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations--it is an especially lovely painting. I love the dreamy quality of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Shirley! Great work! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work! I really do appreciate your efforts and this one is really a master piece. Its really very good to paint things but i would like to ask you something that have you ever paint your bed room, kitchen or house????

    I guess nope!

    then why are you waiting so long? Just try it once
    http://www.monovahomes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love the ellow, this piece is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Strolling from Paris to the Salmagundi!

A Stroll Beside the Louvre by Shirley Fachilla This little trio should be arriving at The Salmagundi Club in NYC any day now. It’s ...