Tuesday, February 7, 2012

To Have My Cake and Eat It, Too.

Websites and blogs both have their special advantages.

Blogs are very immediate while websites are more comfortable for browsing and page flipping.

Blogs invite regular readership and interaction through comments, “following,” and links. Websites are don’t and seem more “professional” for it.

The more you have to say and show, the more filled (some might say cluttered) a blog can become. Of course, this gives the viewer much to see and a reason to linger. But images only stack in a blog. On the other hand, websites can be spare and minimal; and websites allow images to be grouped for the ease of the viewer.

I love my blog and intend to keep blogging away. But now after months of dithering, frittering and procrastinating, I’ve discovered that web design can be easy for even the technically inept (like me). So I think I'll have that cake and eat it, too. 

Do come visit my new website, Shirley Fachilla Fine Art. I think you’ll like it there!  (And I intend to change it, add to it, and in general polish it up, quite often.)

4 comments:

  1. Love your new website Shirley...very professional looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would have thought that you would be blogging, facebooking, AND have your very own website?? I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful site! care to share the deets? was it easy?

    ReplyDelete

Strolling from Paris to the Salmagundi!

A Stroll Beside the Louvre by Shirley Fachilla This little trio should be arriving at The Salmagundi Club in NYC any day now. It’s ...