Tuesday, April 17, 2012

"If Thinking Could Make It So"


If Thinking Could Make It So is a 18x14 open studio oil by Shirley Fachilla.

The lovely girl pictured here is the same model as my preceding post. This is not such a grand likeness, but actually, it wasn’t intended to be.
This one is really all about mood and shadows. Sometimes in open studio, you can almost feel the model thinking… thinking about something that really matters. And then sometimes you can see the model almost fall asleep!
At present, this painting is on its way to the Women Painters of the Southeast inaugural juried show at the Corse Gallery in Jacksonville Florida
I would like to thank my excellent painter friend, Brenda Morley, for liking my painting and telling me so. Without her encouragement, I probably wouldn’t have thought to submit it. 

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you just suggested the shoulders and clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The title draws me in as much as the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful and the hair is so soft looking!

    ReplyDelete

Is it too early to send an invitation?

Pieces by (clockwise from left to right) : Susan Harlan, Janet Garner, Shirley Fachilla, Mike Martino and Topper Williams. So many ...