Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Divine Figure



It’s a different sort of show for me… a different sort of juried show. It’s all about the figure, my favorite subject; but it’s about the divine figure which puts my favorite subject in a very different light.
So I did the biggest representational painting I’ve ever done, and I did it largely from my imagination.
Imagining isn’t at all like working from life or even from photo references. 
If you’re near, the artists’ reception is Sunday, October 28th, from 3 to 5 at the Marnie Sheridan Gallery in The Harpeth Hall School, 3801 Hobbs Road, Nashville, Tennessee. If you can’t make the reception, the exhibit Saints, Goddesses and Bodhisattvas will be on view through December 14th.
I’ll post my painting for the show soon. 

1 comment:

  1. Il est vraiment dommage que vous soyez loin, je serais bien venue vous faire une petite visite...
    J'espère que cette exposition obtiendra le succès attendu. Je vous souhaite plein de bonnes choses et de belles rencontres.
    Gros bisous à vous

    ReplyDelete