Friday, May 24, 2013

It's Show Time!


Frist’s Art Deco Eagle is an 8x10 plein air oil by Shirley Fachilla.
The very stylized eagle is one of four flanking the two main entrances to the Frist which began its life as the downtown U.S. Post Office for Nashville.

Frist’s Art Deco Eagle will be on view and for sale in the
Nashville Open Air Show at the Tennessee Art League
on Fifth Ave of the Arts in Nashville, Tennessee
Friday, May 31, and Saturday, June 1, from 11 to 5
also Saturday evening 6 to 9.
The Art League gallery will house many paintings done by the Chestnut Group to benefit the Frist Visual Art Center.

I have a couple of other shows I’d like to mention as well. I have a painting in the NOAPS Online Show. You have to work a bit to see the painting; scroll to my name on the right and click on the number next to my name.  Tanya Bone’s beautiful Best of Show is worth the visit.

I’m also represented in the Butler Institute of America Art’s Midyear Show by my painting, A Long Lunch. This is an annual juried show held by the Butler. The Butler was the first ever museum dedicated to American art. Located in Youngstown, Ohio, its building, designed by McKim, Mead and White, is on the National Register of Historic Places.  The Midyear Exhibit will open on June 30th


2 comments:

  1. Almost cheesecake is AMAZING Shirley! I enjoyed looking through all the paintings...thank you for sharing! Love your eagle...I wish I can go to your exhibit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a unique piece and so representative of history. You have a special creative way of bringing to light those treasures with your use of color and composition. Good luck with your shows, i know this painting will get lots of attention and long conversations.

    ReplyDelete

Is it too early to send an invitation?

Pieces by (clockwise from left to right) : Susan Harlan, Janet Garner, Shirley Fachilla, Mike Martino and Topper Williams. So many ...