Sunday, August 18, 2013

Workshop Extravaganza!

Against the Red is a 18x14 oil done from life by Shirley Fachilla.
On September 12th, I’m doing a first. I’m teaching a one-day workshop on the figure. The day will be very focused. We will be working to bring fluidity and gesture to the painted figure. We have a great studio lined up and a lovely model for the day.
I’ve been thinking of on-point exercises and looking for resources to list and illuminating quotes to use in the hand-outs. And I’m remembering some of great workshops that I’ve attended, those given by Carolyn Anderson, Peggi Kroll Roberts and Dawn Whitelaw. I hope to structure this day to reflect what I found most helpful during those sessions.
My day is only one of 14 day-long workshops offered by the Chestnuts during a two week teaching extravaganza. All instructors have volunteered their time so each and every workshop is very affordable.
During the two weeks, participants can learn color from Dawn Whitelaw, values from Kevin Menck, perspective from Gayle Levee; and this is only a small part of what’s available. Here's a link http://chestnutgroup.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/PYHO-20131.pdfto the entire program. It’s a fun read, and I think it promises to be even more fun to attend whether you come for one or 14!

Oh yes, a chunk of workshop proceeds will be given to Chestnut partners that also work to preserve the natural and historic glories of Middle Tennessee.

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully painted, Shirley. The best of luck with your workshop...sounds wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy the fortunate artists who will take your workshop. You are very well equipped to provide information, strategies and techniques to others. I only wish I could attend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for the workshop and this lovely painting is good advertising! I went to Bennington, VT, the other day to see your painting in the Laumeister Fine Art Show. It was so great to see it up-close and personal and the company it keeps is impressive! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Is it too early to send an invitation?

Pieces by (clockwise from left to right) : Susan Harlan, Janet Garner, Shirley Fachilla, Mike Martino and Topper Williams. So many ...