Monday, October 28, 2013

Ring Guy Extraordinaire!


 Jack, the Ring Guy is a 7x5 oil by Shirley Fachilla
Please meet Jack. He was my daughter’s ring bearer at her wedding and now her son for ever. He's in his ring bearer duds. The painting is one of twelve that I did as gifts for her wedding party. They were all small, and Jack’s was the only portrait. I think I captured his sweetness but didn’t manage to show his mischievous twinkle.

Doing twelve little paintings all in a row reminded me that small is hard! I learned that I liked doing roses and beer, wish I had planned and painted more autumn leaves, and discovered that though I love drinking champagne, I find it exceedingly hard to paint.  Of course, I loved painting Jack and will love having him as my grandson even more. 

6 comments:

  1. Bonjour,

    Un bien joli portrait... Une petite frimousse qui a l'air d'avoir une grande joie de vivre...
    Une belle capture et les mots qui accompagnent ce portrait sont autant de douceur et de bons souvenirs...
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice portrait Shirley, I like his smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful portrait of this very handsome boy, Shirley!! Wonderful work and of course Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you caught that special twinkle in the boys face, it's an awesome portrait , love the smile. And congratulations Shirley !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think his personality really comes through even without the twinkle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely portrait, sentiment and post!!! and what a wonderful gift each painting will be. congratulations on your new family! much joy, love and abundance to you all.

    ReplyDelete

Crooked or the Charm of Imperfection

It was raining, very hard. We were outside with our easels, palettes, hats and assorted paraphernalia. Thankfully there was also a po...