Saturday, November 30, 2013

A Very Nice Surprise


The Tenderness of Youth is a 14x14 oil done from life by Shirley Fachilla.

I was delighted to learn this Thanksgiving that I was chosen as the Featured Artist by Carrie Turner and Brian Sherwin in their FASO series on FineArtViews. Here’s the link to the article they did about me! Brian has such a beautiful way with words and they chose one of my favorite paintings, The Tenderness of Youth, as one of the images. (That’s it at the top of this post and here's a link to the blog post I did about that particular painting.)
I feel very honored indeed. Thank you so much Brian and Carrie for a wonderful early Christmas present!


6 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS on a well deserved honor!!! how wonderful for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thrilled for you, Shirley. Wonderful to be recognized in this way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Shirley! They certainly know good art when they see it!
    Good for you!
    I love the side pose of this wonderful piece!
    You are so very talented! Bravo my art buddy!
    Again, congratulations. I will check the link ASAP!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Shirley!! You " should" feel very honored!!! This is a beautiful painting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! This is a wonderful painting. I marvel at the subtlety and softness with the hints of bright light at her profile. Loved what Brian Sherwin wrote on FASO—such great perception in his description of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. way to go Shirley! Well done ad congrats!

    ReplyDelete